- The GLUE Disciplines is a circle, where Detect feeds back into Describe
- The GLUE Decks are constructed based on the elements from a lower level
- The GLUE Divisions reflect the diffusion of To-Be into As-Is
I received a comment via email which I will try to answer:
What is not so clearly explained is the back-and-upwards link from level n, discipline m, to level n+1, discipline m-1The flow of information between two decks has two connection points:
- Each requirement from Define will be assigned by Design to an element of the lower Deck (or can be handled in the very same Deck as explained in GLUE Disciplines).
- After Development of the solution Do is needed to use the solution on the upper Deck.
To give an example I use the example from "always remember the next larger context":
By just looking at the two lower levels
- If you want to furnish your living room you will place the elements you want to put into your living room on the right place (maybe you even have a plan for that). It can also be the case that you want to buy new elements (e.g. a table and chairs).
- Room Describe: I want this room to be a living room
- Room Define: It must contain a chair (I fear that is more an one chair exibition approach than a real living room, but I stick to the example)
- Room Design: The chair shall be placed in the middle of the east side of the room.
- Room Develop (start): Find the chair
- Chair Describe: I want a chair
- Chair Define: (Put your favourite chair requirements here)
- Chair Design: (Put your favourite chair design here)
- Chair Develop: Reuse/Buy/Build the Chair
- Chair Do: Use the Chair
- Room Develop (continue): Place the Chair on the east side of the room.
- Room Detect: Check if everything is done as requested
(So Plan->Build->Test->Run is a myth, which i will discuss in another post.)
Post a Comment