An interesting and relevant observation of mine is now that each and every company has its very own soul, the true essence of that company. Of course on the surface they all (at least the big ones) seem to have the same functions, same processes, same good practices applied, but if you just manage to see one level deeper it all of a sudden is total different between the companies and has its very own beauty. The soul of a company has some aspects which seem to be generic patterns:
- It is deeply rooted in the old guard people (GLUE Defence).
- New people sooner or later tend to adopt to it.
- It is embedded in the structural, process, project and especially in the informal organization.
- It can not be easily changed.
- It has self healing effects which protect the system against damages inflicted by external sources or careless management / leadership attempts and forces the whole environment back into the pre-change attempt.