In GLUE Detect on Defence the EPIC SCAN is used to analyze the root and severity of the complexity:
- Emergent Complexity - consequence of many small and unrelated decisions and actions.
- Perverse Complexity - consequence of clumsy attempts to reduce complexity.
- Irreducible Complexity - consequence of real complexity of the demand environment.
- Contrived Complexity - consequence of deliberately creation to benefit some stakeholders.
In GLUE Detect on Destination the WISE SCAN is used to analyze the potential and the desired future state:
- Worth - A future capability must be worth the investment.
- Informed - The decision to invest into the future capability must be fact based.
- Simple - The most simple solution must be selected (to minimize future complexity)
- Environment - The solution must be embedded in the greater contex.
In GLUE Detect on Discovery the PACE SCAN is used to analyze the speed of tranformation:
- People - because one person can (and most likely will) make the difference between success and failure.
- Adaption - because the solution must be adapted to serve the people.
- Communication - because communication is key to ensure that the solution serves the people (and is accepted by them).
- Emphatic - because sensing also the unspoken is needed to be able to deliver and help that people and solution form a perfect fit-to-purpose environment.
All of this is needed to optimize the journeys through the GLUE Space and there is one good advice: Don't Panic.